How to stop Acer Laptop from overheating?
Posted by Dell Support on August 31, 2018
Acer laptops are much loved and well trusted worldwide for their diverse products with magnificent features. They are unparalleled in terms of work performance. You get loads of features in just a compact device. The quality of Acer products is unrivalled. Though even after such terrific qualities, it does have its fair share of downsides. You may experience some issue with your laptop over time, which is common for gadgets. Sometimes you may find your laptop overheating and that can put you in a state of tension, for there are certain risks with overheating. If you are looking for resolving this issue then follow our lead.
- Before starting the process, make sure to back up your data in another device, so that it’s safe in case of any discrepancy.
- Remove the back cover of your laptop along with the battery and you will see dirt stuck to the places.
- Now start cleaning the vents and other parts carefully with a brush.
- Apply new thermal grease on CPU and GPU.
- Thoroughly clean graphics card and fans.
- Now make sure the system is completely off and the power source of any king is disconnected; now take a cotton ball dipped mildly in alcohol and clean the fan.
- Always remember not to put your laptop on a blanket, pillow or any soft surface as it hinders the path of airflow of your laptop.
- Buy a laptop stand or use any flat surface to operate your laptop.
- To give it additional support for cooling you can use a cooling fan for laptops or a cooling pad.
- Make sure to check the airflow of your laptop and adjust the fan accordingly.
We hope these tips will get you out of your problem. You can also take advice from professionals at Acer Technical Support and be provided with most the appropriate suggestions.
Back to Blog