How to install operating system windows 7 on Acer?
Posted by Dell Support on August 28, 2018
If you want to install the windows 7 operating system on your Acer laptop then just follow the given instructions to make the process simpler.
- First step to do is creating a bootable USB stick of windows 7 by inserting the USB and then copying or moving the contents to a drive.
- Go to the command prompt with the admin rights. To do this, either type cmd in the search box of the start menu and press Ctrl+ Shift+ enter or you can open the start menu and then go to programs> accessories, a right click on command prompt and then click on Run as administrator.
- You should have a little knowledge regarding the USB drive. Now enter the following commands in the command prompt:
- LIST DISK. Write down the disk number of the USB that you inserted. For example DISK 1
- SELECT DISK 1
- CREATE PARTITION MEMORY
- SELECT PARTITION 1
- FORMAT FS=NTFS ( this may take a little time)
- Now the command prompt should not be closed as one more command needs to be executed.
- Now check the drive letter of the DVD by double clicking its icon after inserting it in the optical drive. Here we are assuming that the USB drive is H drive while the DVD drive is D drive.
- Now resume your command prompt and now give the following commands:
- D:CD BOOT press enter. Here D is the DVD drive letter.
- CD BOOT press enter, a message will appear.
- Update the USB drive with BOOTMGD compatible mode by entering the following command BOOTSECT.EXE/NT60 H: here H is the drive letter.
- Now copy the contents of windows 7 DVD into the USB.
- Now reboot your acer and then when it is booting up press the F12 button to enter BIOS.
- Choose the flash drive as bootable drive and press the enter button.
- The new windows 7 will start installing.
Now you only need to follow the steps given on the screen to finally complete. For further assistance call Acer support number 1800-431-355 our experts will guide you through the process in detail.
Back to Blog